Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life is what you make it

It was almost a month; my mental state was not peaceful. Reasons were many. My office stress, my continuous failures and some other personal family issues as well. A point came where it simply became unbearable. I became extremely sad and simply started hating my life. I could not work properly, could not study properly, could not eat properly and could not sleep properly. I had no one to share and everyone to curse. It was then; I decided that that I simply needed a break. But, I could not escape from my problems... they wanted a solution. I could not find any. One thing, I could help was my office. I resigned.

           Things even worsened after I resigned.I became all the more sad, more lonely. Mum-Dad could easily sense what I was going through. They advised to forget all my tensions just for a week and simply enjoy. For the next three days, I did nothing. I started feeling sick. I could control everything but not my thoughts… filled with depressed negative thoughts. I just wanted to get rid of all of it and stay happy. But, I was helpless and simply felt miserable.

          I thought, I should not remain free and keep myself engaged. It might help. It helped. I started cleaning my room… the floor, the carpet, my cupboard and all its fixtures. In the process, I found something… Something life-changing.


I found a book, gifted to me by one of my friends, a year ago. It said- "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT" by Preeti Sheenoy. What next…??? Of course I thought of reading it. Must say… Simply stupendous marvelous expressive writing. An eye opener, a life-changer. A book which made me believe that determination can even overcome destiny.    Being an avid reader though, I have never read anything so heart touching before. As I started reading the book, I could simply not leave it till it ended. Many times I felt like it was me expressing my feelings. I know how badly failure hurts. The manner in which it is written feels like one is not reading but watching a movie. I could easily imagine whatever was written. A book with a superb vocab, awesome storyline, deeply heart touching and incredibly inspiring. I now believe life is much more than the degrees we hold and is a precious gift of god which needs to be cherished with pure love and happiness.   I would recommend all those aiming for JEE, CAT, UPSC, CA, CS, CWA and other competitive exams to read the awesome work. An investment for a lifetime. Hats off to the author!!  

10 comments:

  1. i could under stand your feeling and i suggest to be busy with ur study and friends, also writing and meeting with people for social cause. reading practice and writing gives u a better ideas and perseption of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right aashi... feelings.. expressed so clearly....could feel all the way ur emotions.. keep writing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dnt worry aashii.... i m with u.. :p :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aashi Jain

    In the life all these are common things. Some times we face both ups and downs. We prepare ourselves to become brave to face anything in life. In fact it is not much easy in practice as telling the same to others. But in practice we observed and learned it.

    You are just in the beginning stages of your life and it is the right time to focus more on your studies and career. Hence instead of worrying small things be brave and aim high in life and setting some goals and put all your energies in that direction then one day those people who upset you are salute at that moment. That is life.

    Hence please focus now at this crucial time only on for improvement of studies and for getting a deserving job.

    Aashi Jain best wishes for your personal, academic and career projects. I wish you all the best.

    Aashi Jain this is my Diwali message "Lamps of India" which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Pease look into my Lamps of India message and share your valuable comments.

    Aashi Jain i hope you like my blog and join as a member to my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what all you said here... I hope you must be fine now.. If you feel low we can chat... don't feel you don't have anybody to share. cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot deepika... m glad to have you here.. I have crossed that face of life.. totally fine now..

      Delete
  6. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete